Arvco Container Corporation is now hiring Production Workers for our Kalamazoo MI manufacturing plant – Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift.
Arvco Container Corporation is looking for experienced Production workers who are safety minded and team oriented. This is a full-time direct hire position with a 60-day probationary period for performance and attendance. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
STARTING PAY RATE AND BENEFITS: Starting wages range from $13.50 to $18 per hour depending on experience. Benefits including 401k with Company Match, choice of BCBS Health Insurance plan, payments for waiving Health Insurance if covered under another employer health plan, Company paid Life and Disability benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Regularly scheduled for 40 hours of work in a week plus overtime as needed. Scheduled overtime is mandatory, applicants must be willing and able to work overtime and weekends as required.
The Production Worker produces corrugated packaging products according to individual customer orders. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They must possess the knowledge, skills and ability needed to complete each job according to the Company core values and mission statement.
- Occasional lifting of 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-20 pounds during a normal work day.
- Must be able to properly use and understand the required measurement equipment including tape measures, micrometers, and other tools.
- Participate in the principles of teamwork.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Must operate and perform at speeds necessary to meet production demand.
- Must be able to bend, reach, and stand for 8 hours.
- Hand – eye coordination.
- Employee will attend all safety training supplied by the employer.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
Specific job duties would include but not be limited to:
- Continuously monitor and assure product meets quality standards in area of responsibility
- Accountable for machine set-up as well as adjustments of machines and equipment
- Adhere to company policies and work in accordance with all safety regulations, quality control procedures and internal systems
- Follow product specifications and layouts, supervisor instructions and job checks/orders
- Adhere to all established procedures to meet production schedules
- Report safety concern to supervision including potential injuries or near misses.
- Accountable for quality of product and accurate production reporting
- Actively in control of the operation of machine and equipment in work area
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in work area
- Able to recommend or initiate improvements to production methods, good manufacturing practices, safety, food safety, equipment performance and quality of product
- Able to increase efficiencies of department and work crew
- Capable of problem solving and analysis
- Estimates, stages, requisitions, and inspects materials that are used within area of responsibility
- Reports pertinent information, both routine and unusual, to Supervision in a timely and effective manner
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES:
- Background in a manufacturing environment
- Work experience in the corrugated industry
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to read factory layouts for specific manufacturing details
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE: High school diploma, GED or equivalent relevant manufacturing background and work experience.
Arvco Container Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicant candidates will be evaluated based the ability to meet the job description and qualifications outlined above.
Arvco Container Corporation does not base any hiring decision on an applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.