Arvco Container Corporation is now hiring full-time Forklift Drivers for our Kalamazoo MI manufacturing plant – Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift.
One year background in a manufacturing environment is required.
We specialize in providing superior design and innovation to the packaging industry and are looking for experienced Production Workers, Forklift Drivers, Assistant and Machine Operators who are safety minded and team oriented. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
We offer competitive pay with opportunities for advancement. Starting wages are $17.00 – $20.00 per hour, depending on position and experience. Benefits are available, and include: 40 hours of paid vacation after 90 days of employment, 401(k) with Company Match, choice of BCBS Health Insurance plans, paid health insurance opt out program, company paid Life and Disability benefits.
Regularly scheduled for 40 hours of work in a week plus overtime as needed. Scheduled overtime is mandatory. Applicants must be willing and able to work overtime and weekends, as required.
Responsible for activities associated with the transportation and handling of stock and supplies to and from there designated location. Is also responsible to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the manufacturing organization as a member of the Manufacturing Production Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Adheres to the daily schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, and service goals. Reports any scheduling issues to his/her Supervisor.
- Maximizes the utilization of the equipment by operating the forklift at best available capacity and speed. If equipment is not involved in the production function, the employee will maximize his/her output at an appropriate and effective rate.
- Be proactive and reactive to the maintenance of the forklifts, facilities, and equipment through the issuing of work orders for areas of responsibility. Inform Supervision of the maintenance concern. Perform daily documented inspections on the Fork lift (see daily checklist).
- Report all pertinent information – both routine and unusual – to the Supervisor in a timely and effective manner.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A current Fork Lift license is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is consistently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES:
- Work experience in the corrugated industry is a plus
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to read factory layouts for specific manufacturing details
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent, relevant manufacturing background and work experience.
Arvco Container Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicant candidates will be evaluated based on the ability to meet the job description and qualifications outlined above.
Arvco Container Corporation does not base any hiring decision on an applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.